Preparing for Surgery
The following information will assist you in preparing for surgery at Seattle Surgery Center.
- You will be contacted the day prior to surgery by a Pre-Op Nurse/Representative, to discuss surgery and pre-operative instructions.
- Typically you will be asked to arrive one hour prior to the scheduled surgery time. The arrival time may be subject to change and will be confirmed during the pre-op phone call. You should be prepared to provide a phone number where you can be reached on the day of surgery.
- You are required to have an escort drive you home following surgery. The escort’s name and phone number should be provided during the pre-op phone call. For your safety, please arrange to have a responsible adult be with you for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- Please do not eat or drink anything past midnight the night before your surgery, unless you are otherwise instructed in the pre-op phone call. This includes gum, mints, and water. Babies, diabetics and cataract surgery patients may receive special instructions tailored to individual needs.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
- Please bathe or shower the morning of your surgery.
- Please wear comfortable and loose clothing that will be easy to put on and take off.
- Please do not wear any make-up, jewelry or fingernail polish.
- If you become ill or suspect that you are pregnant, please inform your surgeon and/or contact Seattle Surgery Center at (206) 382-1021.
- Bring all insurance cards, picture ID and any credit cards needed for payment with you on the day of surgery.
- Seattle Surgery Center Patient Designated Parking Space located on the second floor of the parking garage adjacent to the Columbus Pavilion. Please note that we do not validate parking.